What can smart meters do?
Need Help? Contact Us
- These next generation meters can be remotely read, as well as remotely instructed and reconfigured.
- They can show in near-real time the amount of energy being used and the cost of that energy to you, the customer.
- They could help you identify the most electricity-thirsty appliances in your home and offer you the potential to better manage your energy consumption.
- Smart meters are self-reading and will send automatically the details of energy usage to us, removing the need for manual readings and putting an end to estimated bills.
- They are one of the safest pieces of technology in our home; smart meters are rigorously tested and pose no health or safety risks.
- Data is transmitted securely over a private network owned and used by Manx Utilities only.
- Prepayment is easy: smart prepayment systems typically provide methods of adding funds via an app and smartphone, online or in a shop.